Sunday, September 4, 2011

Practice Squad

The Steelers announced eight players had been signed to the practice squad this morning. Runningback John Clay, tight end Jamie McCoy, wide receiver Tyler Grisham, offensive lineman Trevis Turner and John Malecki, defensive lineman Corbin Bryant, linebacker Mortty Ivy and defenisive back Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith were the lucky players.

With the 53 man roster and eight player practice squad set, I wanted to look back at my predictions and see how I fared. My initial predictions yielded 49 of 53 correct, missing the cut of Tony Hills, Crezdon Butler, Mortty Ivy and Donovan Warren (even though I noted that Ivy and Warren were stretches to make the team)

I fared much worse with the practice squad picking four of the eight correct. Ivy didn't make the active roster but was signed to the practice squad, and trust me, he will be on the active roster at some point this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment