Thursday, December 8, 2011

Week 14 "The Game"


This is the game.

I understand the whole Baltimore thing but I am old school and this is the game of the season. I may hate the Ravens and everything about them but Cleveland is a whole new ball game. I despise Cleveland, the colors, the people, the logo or lack there of, those jerk offs.

I know this rivalry has seen much better days but that doesn't change a single thing to me. The Steelers are 62-56 in their history with the Steelers going 39-21 in the Steel City. Since the Browns rejoining in 1999, the Steelers are 21-4 with their last loss coming in 2009. To add insult to injury Big Ben is 12-1 all time against the Browns.

This game is tradition. As a third generation Steelers fan, I grew up hating the Browns. While new fans are all about the Baltimore rivalry, I think most of the old school fans would agree with me that there is no game quite like this one.

The big thing that I will be watching in this game is the ever so amazing, Hines Ward. After the Steelers 35-7 beating of the Bengals, Hines Ward stands at 990 catches with 12, 021 yards and 85 career touchdowns. With ten more catches over the final four games Hines will be the only Steeler ever with 1,000 career catches and in my opinion will insure his induction into the Hall of Fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment