Saturday, December 24, 2011

Most people are probably looking past this game and towards the playoffs, but this could be one hell of a game. I'm extremely excited because Charlie Batch is playing for the injured Ben Roethlisberger.

I was hugely disappointed that the Steelers kept Big Ben in the 49er game even though I think anyone on the roster could have done a better job. Coach Tomlin and the medical staff made the right call today as they decided to sit him and let the Steelers seasoned veteran take over the snaps.

I don't want to make this game seem bigger than what it is, but I did see some really good things watching them play against the Bengals last weekend. Their defense looks good and has a great motor, but can be worn down over time with the run game. The offense has some sparks at running back but not much anywhere else.

The Steelers last met the Rams in Pittsburgh back in 2003. That game was a milestone for the Steelers as they played in their 1000 career game, the Steelers lost 33-21.

I am really hoping to see Hines Ward get in the mix as well this week. Hines needs 9 catches to surpass the 1,000 catch mark and there is no better place to do it than at home.

I think Batch and the running game gets it rolling and the Steelers win 24-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment