Thursday, April 28, 2016

Prediction: First Round

The draft is 30 minutes away and I'm sitting here toying with who I think the Steelers will take with their 25th pick in the first round of this years draft.

Now, I think its possible that the Steelers will move back a few picks. There will be some movement at the end of the first round and the Steelers would graciously pick up a few additional picks; my prediction however will be based on the Steelers not trading their pick.

Corner has been the topic of conversation for the last six years or so. Fans and experts alike have wondered why the Steelers have not used higher picks on defensive backs. I can't say I disagree with the fact that our corners have not been up to par but I disagree with most people on how to fix it. A killer pass rush hides a suspect defensive backfield.

With that being said I think the Steelers will draft Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor. The Steelers have two amazing defensive lineman in Tuitt and Heyward but there is no anchor in the middle; and hasn't been since Hampton's retirement. Billings fits that role. He's big, 6'1 311lbs and he's from Texas, just not UT.

Billings can play right away. He can secure the middle of the line and free up our linebackers to do what they do best.

It may not be a fancy pick, but its a Steelers pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment