Sunday, July 22, 2012

Camp Countdown

With camp less than a week away I can't help but start to feel antsy. I always look forward to my yearly camp trip and its not only because I love the Steelers, but because of my distance away from Latrobe, its usually my only one.

I always sit on defensive side, what can I say? I am a true old school fan. I love my defense more than my offense. This year I am going to go to the same spot and watch the same positions. I will however have more of a focus on a few things.

First, I'm really excited to see Sean Spence and the other young linebackers. With Farrior gone and Foote not what he used to be, its very exciting to see these young talented prospects such as Spence, Sylvester and Robinson (rookie from Temple) possibly being the future in the inside.

Secondly, I'm like every Steelers fan when I say that I'm always curious about the secondary. Ike is getting up there in age and was not very reliable in the post season. To combat that, we have no solid starter on the opposite side and our secondary has been extremely erratic and unpredictable. Luckily for us it appears that Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen will be not only a solid part of our team this season but could bring us a shining future.

Finally, I would be simple minded if I didn't say that our defensive line will be on my watch list. McLendon and Ta'amu are going to be playing a ton this season and with Hampton still recovering from injury. And with Hampton most likely on his way out after this season, they are going to be playing even more in the future. They are big, strong and their ceiling is extremely high.

Camp is almost here. That means that those Black and Gold Sundays, are almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment